Hardcore punk rockers, Death Koolaid, have released volume 1 and 2 of their EP series, with further developments in the works, to release more tunes, playing some shows, and so much more.
Frontwomen vocalist Siren Sycho, discusses the band's latest EPs and the future ahead.
1. Please tell us about the history of your band and its members.
Siren: I didn’t join the band until late 2013 and had been a several different bands prior to Death Koolaid.
2. What's the origin of the band's name?
Siren: We are named after a mass murder.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
Siren: We are based in North/East London. The music scene in London is struggling. A lot of venues have closed leaving only the bigger ones or pay to play in so there’s no middle ground for bands like us especially with our style of music.
4. How would you describe your style?
Siren: Loud, angry, raw, real, punky, rocky with a hint of metal.
5. What have you released so far and what can someone expect from your works?
Siren: We have released our debut mini album Death Koolaid Vol. 1 and on the 25th August are releasing our next release ‘Death Koolaid Vol. 2 another 7 track mini album. Go get it!
6. Do you have any new music in the works?
Siren: Always have ideas ready to develop but at the moment concentrating on the new album coming out.
7. How about playing shows and touring, have anything planned out?
Siren: Got some dates coming up out of town as we trying to not play London as much to expand our fan base.
8. What plans do you have for the future as a band?
Siren: Really want to get a booking agent and management to get on good support slots, tours and festivals.
9. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Siren: At the following websites,
10. What is it you'd like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
Siren: Our name and that they liked it.