Metalcore act While The Heart Becomes have released their new album "The Sinking" with that they have gone on to play some shows here and there and have got a whole lot more planned. Frontman vocalist Erik Torrecillas and drummer Christian Fernandez discusses their new album and plans for the bright future.
1. Can I get a backstory on the band/ band biography?
While The Heart Becomes (WTHB) is a Metalcore band from Durango, Mexico, which comes out in late 2011. With little time on the scene, the band has had the opportunity to play in many cities of the Mexican Republic.
In 2013 they recorded their first album "The Sinking" with Cesar Hernandez, renowned Mexican producer who has recorded and produced many bands of the genre.
The band has a Lyric Video "The Sinking" which was performed by Nick Hipa guitarrist from As I Lay Dying, and a Music Video "The Sinking" recorded in the city of Mazatlan, Sinaloa by Visal Ingenio.
Throughout this time they have had the opportunity to share the stage with many national and international bands that include: Parkway Drive, Oh Sleeper, Still Remains, Here Comes The Kraken, among others.
21/12/2013 The band released their debut album "The Sinking" and now are about to start his first tour as a headliner in Mexico and Central America.
2. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
We are from Durango, México and there is much talented bands here.
The best band in México is Here Comes The Kraken and other great bands are Everyone Likes Cathleen, From Alaska, Our Reflections, Lack Of Remorse, VLTT, WFCC, Joliette, Arcadia Libre, Thell Barrio, Drakma and many more!
3. Why did you want to call the band, While The Heart Becomes what does this mean and represent for you guys?
It means the process where people leave behind negative and bad things to keep moving forward.
4. What bands have influenced your band and its sound?
Some bands that influenced us are: The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, Miss May I, August Burns Red.
5. What lyrical theme do you guys use in your music? What message do you want to send?
We want to give people a positive message and our lyrics are based on life experiences.
6. What did you decide to do with releasing this album was it self-released or released through a label?
This album was released independently by ourselves and until now the response of the people was amazing!
7. Who produced "The Sinking" and what was it like working with them?
The producer for this record was our friend Cesar Hernandez and it was an incredible experience working together to achieve the end result with which we were all happy!
8. Is there any story or concept behind the "The Sinking" title?
The album talks a lot about the sinking that each person can have in your life when their convictions fall but always seeing a new chance to begin.
9. Who did the cover art for "The Sinking" and how much input did you have on it?
Our friend from México City, Jahdai Jiménez (Héroe Anónimo), We gave him the idea and he did the rest, Were impressed with the result!
10. Select two songs from "The Sinking" and what inspired the lyrics.
I Can't Follow You Forever.
This song talks about being in a state of conformity and want to leave it behind
A New Chance To Begin.
This song talks about that there is hope, no matter what you did, we always have a new opportunity to start.
11. Has While The Heart Becomes ever played in the States or plan to do so in the future?
We haven't had the opportunity to play in USA, but in the future we would love to play there.
12. What could one expect from While The Heart Becomes show?
A lot of fun.
13. What should labels/zines/promoters know about your band? Why should they be interested in it?
We have a classic and fresh sound at the same time, we think that every person that could hear us, will note the work and passion that all the songs have and there are many people waiting to hear more from us.
14. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
In all of our social networks can find our music for free.
15. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
16. What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?
More music, tours, videos and great stuff.
17. Any final words of wisdom?
Never give up on your dreams, keep working!