Mercies End are a 4 piece melodic metal band from Melbourne,Australia. Not content with following the trends set by the cookie cutter bands flooding today's market, Mercies End have pooled it's wide range of influences to create a sound that will appeal to a larger audience and ultimately stand the test of time. With songs that are as infectiously catchy as they are heavy, Mercies End's blend of stadium sized melodies, air tight riffs and thunderous drums will be sure to carry them to the upper echelon of metal.
1. Can I get a backstory on the band/ band biography?
The band started in mid 2012 by Brandon Sciberras (guitar/vocals), then the other members; Kon (guitar), Tim (bass) and Ben (drums) joined over time.
2. How did you guys come up with your band name?
The band name was thought of by an ex-girlfriend and we just stuck with it.
3. Where is the band based out of and what is your music scene like there? Are there any local bands you could recommend?
The band is based in Melbourne, Australia. The local scene over here is pretty good but there are more hardcore bands and not many bands like us.
4. What lyrical theme do you guys use in your music? What message do you want to send?
The lyrical themes are inspired by personal experiences and then exaggerated for the songs, the message behind many of the songs are that people have the strength to overcome anything if they just put their minds to it.
5. What bands have influenced your band and its sound?
Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Iron maiden, Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, etc.
6. Is there any story or concept behind the EP title?
The EP title is just the name of a song, the songs lyrics talk about someone coming to the end of their life and realising they didn't achieve anything they wanted to when they we're younger.
7. Who produced the EP and what was it like working with them?
The EP was self-produced and sent to Monolith Studios for mixing and mastering, it was a good experience although next time we intend on working with a producer.
8. Who did the cover art for the EP and how much input did you have on it?
Brock Chamings did our cover art, he read our lyrics and based the art on what he took from them. It was interesting to see somebody else s take on what we were saying with our lyrics and we liked what he come up with so it was a very quick process.
9. Do you guys have any new music in the works as far as a follow-up release?
We are currently working on our debut album which we will be recording very soon, it will be a much higher quality release in terms of both music and production and will show how much the band has grown in the past year.
10. Will you be shooting a video for any of the songs off the EP?
No, we released a lyric video for a single we made in June of this year which can be seen on YouTube, but because we are recording an album we will make a video for one of the new songs instead.
11. What are your upcoming touring/show plans?
We just finished a headlining run of Australia, but we want to head overseas as soon as possible so we are always working on making that happen.
12. Where can we listen to your band and where can we buy your stuff?
Our music can be found on Facebook, YouTube, and bought on Bandcamp.
13. What is it you’d like a listener to remember the most when hearing your music for the first time?
We like our listeners to remember our choruses so they can come to a show and sing along with us
14. What can the fans expect to see from you in the future?
The fans can expect to see and hear some new songs very soon as we will be playing an entirely new set when start playing live again in 2014, we will also be releasing the album sometime then as well.
15. Any final words of wisdom?
Follow your dreams, work hard and listen to Mercies End. :)